Social Committee Update (Please visit us at facebook.com/coastaloaksresidents)
Coastal Oaks Residents,
The Social Committee is excited to share with you our new community website! Please keep in mind this is the initial rollout of the site and some modifications may be necessary. You can submit any questions, comments, or content by visiting http://www.mycoastaloaks.com/contact-us.html or by sending attachments to email@example.com.
The website address is: www.mycoastaloaks.com
Note - This website has been created by the Coastal Oaks Social Committee for Coastal Oaks residents to find and share information among neighbors. We hope you will read, contribute and help spread the word so we all become a little more connected in the place we all call home. The website is intended to be fun and informative. You will see classifieds, recipes, vendors, and service providers posted, this information is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a formal recommendation or endorsement of any advertisement, product, particular vendor, or service provider. We hope you enjoy the new website and we look forward to seeing you at our next event!
Welcome your new Community Representative, Vernice Magiske!
Starting Friday, March 28, the clubhouse will be opened to residents (unless there is a reservation) several hours a week to watch TV, read, play games, or just take a break from the sun. When you come in, you will be greeted by our new Community Representative, Vernice Magiske. Vernice and her family have lived in Coastal Oaks since 2008. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Leadership from Johnson University Florida, and is in the process of earning a Master’s degree in Education with an emphasis on teaching Spanish. She most recently taught Spanish at Ponte Vedra High School for five years.
The new clubhouse hours will be Fri, Sat, and Sun from 12 – 6 p.m. Vernice will act as another point of contact from the homeowners’ association and will be able to assist residents with vehicle barcode activations, clubhouse reservations, key fob purchases as well as other association issues. We hope residents will enjoy this new feature and the convenience of having someone in the community to assist you with association matters.
The Association formed a CEC (Covenant Enforcement Committee) who will work with the management company to hold monthly hearings in order to fine owners (up to $1000) in non-compliance of the covenants and restrictions. We are thankful for these volunteers who have stepped up.
Now that Spring has sprung, here are a few Spring Cleaning maintenance reminders for all homeowners:
- Replace areas of your yard where the grass is dead.
- Replace plants or shrubs that have suffered from the hard freeze.
- Pull weeds from your yard, mulch beds, rock beds and flower beds.
- Pressure wash your house, fence, sidewalk and driveway.
- Fix any broken mailboxes, windows and fences.
- Keep your shrubs and trees properly trimmed.
A few friendly Rules and Regulations Reminders…
- We ask that you please pay attention to posted traffic signs and slow down while driving in the community. We have had way too many people speed throughout the community and we need to be aware that there are small children, walkers, bicyclists, and joggers sharing the streets. Please caution your family members, friends, or anyone you see speeding, as we want to avoid any tragedies.
- Street parking is NOT allowed.
- The Rules and Regulations for the Pool have been updated and are posted at the pool bulletin board.
- If you are having a party please be sure to notify the guards at the gate. If we do not know, your guest vehicles are subject to towing.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the fitness center
If you haven’t already, get connected on Connect. This is our Association web portal where you can access Association Documents, meeting minutes, view your account balance and even pay your Association dues. If you need to gain access to Connect, please e-mail Pat and she’ll send you all the info you need to be able to log-in.