Social Committee announcements:
- The Friday Family Night scheduled for this Friday, March 15 has been cancelled. Please stay tuned for a re-scheduled date.
- A Coastal Oaks Bridge Club is now forming! Please contact John Carney at (904) 217-7507 to set up a time to play (no partner is needed).
Association Project Update:
- Installed two “Slow- Children at Play Signs” on Bluewater (both sides of street) approaching park at end of Topsail and will be installing a message board for the front entrance of the community hopefully by the end of March.
- Pressure cleaned and painted guardhouse.
A few friendly Rules and Regulations Reminders…
- Please be reminded that the rules of the Association are NOT OPTIONAL. The Association can fine violators up to $1,000 and take any necessary legal action against residents/owners.
- As we head into Spring, here are some lawn tips:
- Proper mowing height for St. Augustine turf is recommended between 3.5 to 4 inches. Repetitive mowing at low heights will cause the lawn to stress, not handle drought conditions, and also leave the lawn susceptible to insects and disease.
- Weekly mowing is required during the summer months.
- Shrubs in need of water will have wilted or curled leaves.
- Dry turf will have a bluish-gray tint, curled leaf blades or will retain footprints.
- Watering in the early morning hours is best.
- Irrigate less often for longer periods of time to help promote deeper root growth, which helps during drought and stress.
- Apply a pre-emergent fertilizer geared toward the type of weed you are trying to control.
- We also ask that you please pay attention to posted traffic signs and slow down while driving in the community. We have had way too many people speed throughout the community and we need to be aware that there are small children, walkers, bicyclists, and joggers sharing the streets. Please caution your family members, friends, or anyone you see speeding, as we want to avoid any tragedies.
Toll Brothers Update
- Sunday Brunch at the Clubhouse is coming up March 24th. Please RSVP if you would like to attend.
- Sales activity remains strong. February 2013 was the best month of sales in the history of Coastal Oaks. Thank you for your support!
- Volunteers Needed!! The Coastal Oaks Homeowners' Association is still seeking volunteers for the CEC (Covenant Enforcement Committee) and for help with the newsletter. Please contact Pat if you are interested.
- f you haven’t already, get connected on Connect. This is our Association web portal where you can access Association Documents, meeting minutes, view your account balance and even pay your Association dues. If you need to gain access to Connect, please e-mail Pat and she’ll send you all the info you need to be able to log-in.
- The management company meets with the Developer Board representative every 1st Wed of each month @ 2 p.m. to discuss the affairs of the Association. Homeowners are welcome to attend.
Your HOA point of contact:
(904) 733-3334 ext. 3732