Happy Holidays to you and yours from the Coastal Oaks Board of Directors and Management Team!
The Coastal Oaks Clubhouse and Management Office will follow the below
Friday, December 21st
10am - 3pm
Monday, December 24th
10am - 3pm
Tuesday, December 25th
Monday, December 31st
10am - 3pm
Tuesday, January 1st
Winter Break for St. Johns County Schools
Monday, December 24th - Monday, January 7th
Trash pick-up will be delayed by one day and collected on Thursday, December 27th, 2018. Recycle pick up will not be effected and collected as usual on Monday,
Holiday Golf Cart Parade
Saturday, December 22nd
6pm - 8pm
Decorate your golf cart ... don your favorite holiday garb ... share holiday cheer with friends and neighbors. We will begin the parade at the Coastal Oaks Clubhouse and travel through our neighborhood to see the beautifully decorated homes.
6:00pm to 7:00pm - Complimentary Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider, and cookies will be served on the Clubhouse lawn. Join us for yummy treats and festive music to celebrate the Holidays. Lineup golf carts in the Clubhouse parking lot.
7:00pm to 8:00pm - Gala golf carts will travel through Coastal Oaks to enjoy the beautiful lights and scenic landscape.
Coastal Oaks Holiday Golf Cart Parade Route
Begin at CO Club House (7:00pm)
- Pelican Point Road
- Cape May Avenue
- Bluewater Drive
- Port Charlotte Drive
- Tarpon Bay Court
- Gulf Stream Way / Palm Island Way / Portside Avenue
- Mahi Drive
- Bermuda Green Avenue
- Cape May Avenue
2019 Quarterly Maintenance Fees
The first Quarterly Maintenance Fee for 2019 of $459.00/ QTR is due January 1st, 2019. Coupons for the 2019 Maintenance Fees were shipped Tuesday, December 4th. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery. The dues will continue to be collected quarterly (January 1, April 1, July 1, Oct 1), are due on the first day of the month, and considered late and subject to fees after the 10th.
Please note that if you currently utilize auto pay or bill pay you will need to adjust your account to reflect the new payment amount.
SAVE THE NEW DATE: Dog Park Grand Opening and Animal Shelter Fundraiser!
The date of this family and pet-friendly event for Coastal Oaks residents and their guests has been changed to Sunday, March 10, 2019. Join your neighbors in the CO Community Park from noon to 3:00 p.m. for fun activities, raffles, vendor showcases, games, and more, and to raise funds to support local animal shelters. More information to follow but mark your calendar now!
Association Project and Maintenance Updates
- Landscaping- The property has been mulched throughout with the exception of the Clubhouse, which will be done in early January. The new flower rotation has been installed and some dead materials replaced at the front entry.
- Mahi Pedestrian Access- At the annual meeting some residents expressed concerned about pedestrian access being provided along with the county required emergency access located at the end of Mahi Dr. After reviewing the plans and requirements, Toll Brothers was able to remove this access. This gate will be emergency access only.
- Sidewalks- Several more areas of common area sidewalks have been pressure washed. We will be working with our vendor to establish a regular schedule for this service in 2019.
- New Community Website- Our new community website is in the final stages and will be launched soon. Keep your eye on your email for registration information.
Resident Advisory Committees
Thank you to all of our residents who have volunteered their time and joined one of our committees. The first committee meetings will be held at the Residents' Clubhouse and are scheduled as follows. All volunteers will receive an email with more detailed information and meeting agenda.
- Landscape Committee: Thursday, January 10th, 2019 @ 6:30PM
- Safety Committee: Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 @6:30PM
- Architectural Advisory Committee: Monday, January 7th, 2019 @ 6:30PM
Resident HOA Corner
1. Barbados Dr Cluster Mailboxes: At the recent HOA Board meeting this past Wednesday, the HOA Board members agreed to review the location of the boxes and to review the lighting in the area to assist residents picking up their mail at night.
2. Coastal Oaks Park Pedestrian Gate: Now that the gate is operational, the HOA Board has agreed to look into providing both cameras and lighting for this community access point.
3. HOA Board Meetings: Please if you can attend these monthly meetings, come and join us. You can express your opinions and provide input to help better our community. However, if you can't attend, but want your opinions heard, please contact Nicole Janzen or myself (Frank Winczner) and we will bring up those issues on your behalf.
The holidays are just around the corner so please be extra cautious when driving through our community. Our kids are on winter break and the added visitors and vehicles for the holidays make being a vigilant driver even more important.
In addition, please be courteous to your neighbors and ask your guests to park in the driveway (not blocking the sidewalk) if at all possible. Remember, no vehicles are permitted in the street overnight. Overnight guests should be instructed to park their vehicle in the parking lot located at the Clubhouse or Coastal Oaks Park.