It is my privilege to introduce Nicole Janzen, your new Community Manager at Coastal Oaks! Nicole has worked with FirstService Residential for over 2 years most recently at The Peninsula, Jacksonville's largest residential luxury high rise located on the South Bank. Born and raised in Jacksonville, she was an all-star athlete in her youth and earned a softball scholarship to the University of North Florida where she studied marketing and business administration. Nicole is a married mother of two small children (ages 3 and 2) and works hard to maintain her work/life balance. Her free time is spent with her family and cheering on the Florida Gators!
You can reach Nicole by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (904) 217-7970, or at the clubhouse during regular business hours (M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
Please join me in welcoming Nicole to the Coastal Oaks community!
HOA Financial Q&A Recap
Last week's HOA Financial Q&A was a very positive meeting! The Association's CPA and Reserve Engineer fielded questions from about 30 residents who attended. In conclusion, the residents and Board agreed that it was best to have the Association's Reserve Study updated to correct reserve assets and update needed reserve contributions based on projected number of closings in the community over the next several years (as opposed to projected build-out contributions). Management and the Board will work with the Finance Committee to ensure satisfaction with the updated Reserve Study, and if necessary, the board MAY consider adopting a new budget that will reflect accurate contributions ensuring that the Association's reserve funds are adequately funded at the time of projected turnover.
We expect the updated Reserve Study to be completed by Feb 2017. More details to come.
Coastal Oaks Holiday Party
All Coastal Oaks residents are invited to the Annual Coastal Oaks Holiday Party at the Residents' Club on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 from 6-8 p.m. There will be food, live music, Santa, an ornament craft activity and more. Look forward to seeing you all there!
Coastal Oaks HOA Board Meeting Wed., Dec. 14 @ 2 p.m.
Residents are always welcome to attend the monthly HOA Board Meetings. The next meeting will be held at the Clubhouse on Wed., Dec. 14 at 2 p.m.
- New locks installed at men's bathroom and storage room (at park) and pedestrian gate by softball field. Codes have not changed.
- New cameras installed outside of Fitness room bathrooms.
- Pressure cleaned covered pool deck area. Boardwalk between Pelican Point and Bar Harbor to be pressure cleaned this week.
- St Johns County picked up the storm debris on Port Charlotte!
- Clubhouse room remodel scheduled for after the holidays.
- Mgmt getting quotes for speed humps at guardhouse.
- Don't forget to clean up after your pet when going for a walk. This is not just an HOA rule, but City ordinance and common courtesy.
- Street Parking is NOT allowed. Please keep vehicles parked on the driveway or in the garage, and all garages should be kept closed when not in use.
- Please be sure to place landscape debris at your curb no earlier than the evening before scheduled pickup. Since the County picks up on Monday, debris should be placed curbside no earlier than Sunday late afternoon.
- Just a reminder that all streetscape (between sidewalk and street) trees located on individual lots are the responsibility of the owner to maintain. The Association does not maintain trees on owner property. Please inspect your trees to ensure that they are trimmed properly and that they are not blocking the sidewalk.
Thank you for your cooperation.