Victoria will be operating on her normal schedule:
Monday and Friday: 10am - 5pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12pm - 5pm
Celebrate the New Year, But Not With Fireworks
Fireworks are strictly prohibited in Coastal Oaks. Please note that any type of fireworks that fly through the air or explode are prohibited by Florida law, as well as by HOA rules. For your safety and the safety of others, please respect your neighbor's property and privacy, as well as the law, and do not set off fireworks in Coastal Oaks. By state law, violators are subject to a fine, court costs and imprisonment. HOA fines can also be levied.
As with any other violation of the law, you can call the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office's non-emergency number (904 824-8304) to report a fireworks violation. You do not need to give your name to report a violation. In the event of an emergency, as always call 911. Violations should be reported to the HOA as well.
Next Board Meeting January 4th, 2017 @ 2:00pm
Residents are always welcome to attend the monthly HOA Board Meetings. The next meeting will be held at the Clubhouse on Wed., Jan. 4th at 2 p.m.
HOA Maintenance Fees Due January 1st, 2017
Don't forget maintenance fees for the first quarter of 2017 are due January 1st, 2017. Everyone should have received coupons for the coming year, along with information on several different payment methods available to you. If you have any questions please give us call at 904 217-7970 or reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Streetlight Outages
We know there are still several streetlights out, missing globes, etc throughout the community. If you notice a streetlight that needs attention, please contact Victoria at 904 217-7970 or Victoria.email@example.com.
Residents can also report issues to FPL directly. To report a streetlight that is malfunctioning, visit the FPL site below and complete the on-line form.
Front Gate Access
You can no longer add guests or change your information on the community website for the front gate. You must go to the new Gate Access website to add or change information regarding the front gate. Most of you should have already received your PIN/ password for the gate access systems. If you do not have your PIN/password, please contact Victoria at Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Tree Removal
Christmas trees will be collected during the regular St. Johns County yard waste pick-up days. Please do not place trees curbside any earlier than 4 p.m. the day before scheduled pick-up.
- All speed limits and traffic signs shall be strictly observed. The speed limit within Coastal Oaks is TWENTY-FIVE (25) miles per hour unless otherwise posted.
- All Florida DOT laws are in effect for all golf carts within Coastal Oaks. This includes all traffic (STOP) signs.
- Don't forget to clean up after your pet when going for a walk. This is not just an HOA rule, but a City ordinance and common courtesy.
- Whenever outside the residence, pets must be on a secure leash at all times. No pet should be allowed to roam freely at anytime.
- Street Parking is NOT allowed unless vehicle has a valid guest pass displayed on their dash and is only permitted to park in the street until 11pm. Overnight guests must park in the overnight parking located at the clubhouse parking lot. All other vehicles must be parked on the driveway or in the garage. All garages should be kept closed when not in use.
- All streetscape (between sidewalk and street) trees located on individual lots are the responsibility of the owner to maintain. The Association does not maintain trees on owner property. Please inspect your trees to ensure that they are trimmed properly and that they are not blocking the sidewalk. Thank you for your cooperation!
A Note from Your Community Manager
New Year's Resolutions....I have never been one to make them nor give the idea much thought at all really. But, I am a firm believer that we should all be working toward a better self so in the spirit of 2017 and a better 'me' I have decided to give it a try. My resolutions consist of one for my family, one for my work, and one just for me.
1. I resolve to be present and in the moment. I find that I am so often thinking about the next task or thing that needs to be done that at times I am not fully enjoying the little moments in life that make it all worthwhile.
2. I resolve to get to know the residents here in Coastal Oaks and provide a personal touch to managing this community. I hope to keep an open line of communication and do my best to maintain and improve this beautiful community.
3. I resolve to find 1 hour a week to use as time for myself. Whether to work out, read a book, or indulge in some reality TV, I am going to add myself to my priority list. With my full schedule it seems I rarely take the time to decompress.
What are your resolutions? Whatever they may be I wish you the best of luck in them.
May your 2017 be filled with peace, prosperity, and joy. Happy New Year!